[Development] Suggested improvements to JIRA

mark.keir at nokia.com mark.keir at nokia.com
Tue Apr 24 05:22:40 CEST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: development-bounces+mark.keir=nokia.com at qt-project.org [mailto:development-bounces+mark.keir=nokia.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of ext Thiago Macieira
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 6:26 PM
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Suggested improvements to JIRA

Thanks for the reply Mark.

On segunda-feira, 23 de abril de 2012 03.57.14, mark.keir at nokia.com wrote:
> 1) Can't be done

Then we should file a suggestion improvement on JIRA's JIRA. This is extremely useful for us and for our users.

-> We'll ask the subcons doing JIRA admin to get https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/org.openmrs.jira.plugins.autowatchjira installed in the Sandbox and test if it is suitable for this task.  That should provide a sustainable option.

> 2) Possible, requires permission scheme modification.  "Manage Watchers"
> needs to have the "Engineer" project role added

Unless someone objects, please consider this a request to do what's necessary for that to happen.

> 3) the decision seems to
> have been made to enable a "Contributor" role in the discussion
> concluded in http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/jeg/2012-March/000021.html.
> No-one has stepped up as asked by Marius, so nothing has been done.
> Any change would require the codification of the conditions and
> process to elevate a "User" to "Contributor" in the model outlined at
> http://wiki.qt-project.org/The_Qt_Governance_Model before any action
> took place

That was the discussion on how to have a triage team. I don't see the need to create a new category for them nor for attending my request, given that option
#2 is available.

> If someone has approver access in Gerrit and they have not gone
> through the process required for elevation (ie email to dev list), I
> suggest that be corrected (ie permissions revoked) and someone stomp
> on the hands of the admin that bypassed the agreed process.  Everyone
> who has been through the agreed process has had their JIRA access properly granted.

I created a task for at least two people to whom I tried to assign a task and couldn't. I think those are the people who were nominated as approvers and maintainers at bootstrap, not via email to the list.

-> Done.