[Development] File chooser dialog as a Qt Component - API design

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 28 12:25:22 CEST 2012

Hi all!
  I really miss a QML version of QFileDialog. There currently isn't a Qt
Component for choosing a file or a directory from the filesystem, and I
think we should fill this gap ASAP. There's a bug I created to keep
track of this:
  https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCOMPONENTS-1242

Now I'd like to start discussing the API design for such a component, so
I've added a comment to that bug with a proposal.

I would appreciate if you have a look at it, and tell me if it's sane. :-)

I'm working on a MeeGo implementation of it right now, but I will also
need a desktop version eventually.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--