[Development] Documentation bug maintenance

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Sun Apr 29 12:57:31 CEST 2012

Hey Casper.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM,  <casper.vandonderen at nokia.com> wrote:
> It seems like the Documentation component assignee is set to "Qt
> Documentation Team" and I think this is not valid anymore, unless we get a
> public mailing list where all of the bug emails for this user are sent to.
> The default assignee for doc.qt.nokia.com seems to be a user who does not
> work in the Qt Documentation Team anymore.

Hopefully I'm not trying to hop up too soon, but perhaps in favor of
gathering more community around docs , or to have a community doc
team- we could indeed have special mailing list for that? Then we
could send bug notifs to that list? (I expect the traffic to be low,
hence the idea to merge a bug list with a documentation mailing list)
But maybe since the community doc team does not really exists perhaps
this is an overkill ?

> I created the following JIRA
> dashboard: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11521
> It lists most of the currently open bugs that are related to documentation
> (I'm not checking for things like "docs" since that might not be valid).
> There are almost 900 bugs there which should be triaged by the community.

Thanks for that. I've missed a "where to start" for work is needed in
docs and this now gives a lead.

-Sivan