[Development] QDBus on Windows

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Sun Apr 29 23:37:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

as I can see, QDBus is still deactivated on Windows. However, there is a
working dbus deamon distribution and KO GmbH distributes a dbus deamon
with their Windows port of Calligra Office.

It is more than a pain to compile Qt on your own, given the fact, that
the exact procedure, by which the distribution is created is not
published. I am also missing the sources for the installer.

Could the Qt project please:

1) include QDBus in the distribution
2) publish the exact procedure how to create Qt as being distributed
3) publish the installer

Or point me to the place, where I can find the necessary information, in
the case I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks a lot for any positive reaction!

Kind regards,

Wolfgang Baron