[Development] Deprecation warnings are enabled

bradley.hughes at nokia.com bradley.hughes at nokia.com
Mon Apr 30 18:58:08 CEST 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 4:07 PM, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On sexta-feira, 27 de abril de 2012 23.02.58, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Just a notice to all devs:
>>
>> Since 0df1c9f1fa04c06d6105de3f312c6c752a58ad70 integrated on Wednesday, all
>> Qt modules have deprecation warnings enabled now. That means that when you
>> build your module, you'll get warnings about your using of deprecated
>> classes or function.
>>
>> You should not ignore them. You should use the replacement functions /
>> classes.
>
> The next step is to disable the deprecated methods. The change will be:
>
> 	https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,24890
>
> I will remove the WIP and stage that change in about two or three weeks, but
> before the beta.
>
> All uses of deprecated methods must be fixed by that date.

Seriously? What about my comment (plea) to revert the change that enabled these warnings? As I mentioned before (and others in my team), these warnings are hurting more than helping, and our time is much better spent working on the desktop platform plugins than fixing warnings.

Please, I hope you will reconsider, there's much more important things to be done.