[Development] state of Qt's Australia office

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 3 10:45:04 CEST 2012

On 08/02/2012 03:02 PM, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> Talking for me, it's really sad to see this happen. There are a lot
> of bright engineers working in that office and I have been working
> with many of them for quite some time now. I really hope that
> everybody will find a new job soon, and that most of the people will
> actually stay connected to the Qt ecosystem and Qt project in some
> form or another.

While I wish all the best to the affected developers, and have no doubt
that they'll be able to find a new exciting job soon, I hold the selfish
hope that they'll continue to work together as a team and not be
dispersed in different companies. Otherwise, even if the new job is
related to Qt, it's difficult to image that they'll be able to continue
developing the great technologies they've been working on so far, with
the same pace.
That is something which, I believe, can be done only when being part of
a company (or foundation) which invests in R&D.

I don't know whether forming a SW consulting/development company with
focus on QML would be a sustainable business, but I hope that they
consider this possibility before splitting off. :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://blog.mardy.it <- geek in un lingua international!