[Development] Qt Essentials

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 6 13:49:45 CEST 2012

On 08/06/2012 12:52 PM, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> We already have QT_BEGIN/END_NAMESPACE macros used throughout, as well as a module specific qmoduleglobale.h. So I would think it should be possible to do the change in a rather straightforward way.
>
> I can't see how this could destabilise the code. All of this change is fully checked at compile time.

It might be a problem when exposing types to QML as properties:

As far as I can see from the commit mentioned in the bug, the fix for
Qt5 is just to document the current behaviour, and doesn't actually
remove the need to specify the namespace.
Also, if the namespace is not specify, QML doesn't report *any* error
message at all; it just doesn't work properly (at least in Qt4).

But I didn't check if this issue affects any of the classes defined in
the modules in question. Anyway, I generally support the idea of using
namespaces. :-)

Ciao,
   Alberto