[Development] Setting up time-based releases for the project

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 7 11:00:26 CEST 2012

On terça-feira, 7 de agosto de 2012 08.10.22, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> I agree that we should kickstart the model after the beta release. Branch
> names should be more concrete and for outsiders to understand, so I'm with
> Alan to give then easy to understand names. My proposal would be master,
> beta and stable.

And that's why João used weird names. He wanted us to focus on discussing the
model, not on what names the branches should have.

My recommendation is that master be one of the two stable branches. That's
what people cloning from Git should get. In Linux's and Git's own Git
repositories, master in fact points to the latest released tag.