[Development] Two bugs in the QIcon which broke my life.

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Aug 8 10:49:33 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:35:15 André Somers wrote:
> Op 8-8-2012 10:30, Stephen Kelly schreef:
> > On Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:03:34 ????????? ??????? wrote:
> > > In the QIcon/QIconLoader there are 2 old bugs with patches.
> > >

> > > - https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-17953
> > >
> > > - https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-12874
> > >

> > > Fixes are trivial, and are available for many years. Merging of them
> >
> > will
> >
> > > take only an hour.
> >
> > You need to submit patches to Qt through gerrit. Patches attached in
> > JIRA can't be applied. Note also that patches have to be applied to Qt
> > 5 first and unit tested.
>
> Nice, but these patches were submitted way before Gerrit was available.
> Are you saying we should just disgard any fixes that can be found in JIRA?

They are not covered by the CLA.

Whether they are 'trivial' enough to 'not be copyrightable' isn't for me to
decide. I didn't look at them.

Even when gerrit was not available, gitorious was available for all the time
that JIRA was available. JIRA has never been 'the way to submit patches'.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer