[Development] " sslErrors" signal in qnetworkaccessmanager.cpp (Qt5, WebKit2)

Sravan sra1sandela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:31:09 CEST 2012

Hi Guys,

I was debugging a QML API failure in qtwebkit.
The top level idea of the problem is this API is not working because
"QtNetworkAccessManager::onSslErrors" function in a custom class derived
from QNetworkAccessManager API is not getting triggered.
This is connected to sslErrors of QNetworkAccessManager via

"connect(this, SIGNAL(sslErrors(QNetworkReply*, QList<QSslError>)),
SLOT(onSslErrors(QNetworkReply*, QList<QSslError>)));"
in QtNetworkAccessManager constructor.

So, i observed that sslErrors is not getting generated even though i am
feeding a suitable url(
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-changes/attachments/20111212/2e204be9/attachment.html)
to generate sllErrors signal of QNetworkAccessManager.

I figured out from qnetworkaccessmanager.cpp that sslErros signal will get
emitted in function  void
QNetworkAccessManagerPrivate::_q_replySslErrors(const QList<QSslError>
&errors).
But in the same file i see that _q_replySslErrors is connected to sslErros
via

q->connect(reply, SIGNAL(sslErrors(QList<QSslError>)),
SLOT(_q_replySslErrors(QList<QSslError>)));

I have two questions here.

1. SInce sslErros depend on _q_replySslErrors and _q_replySslErrors depends
on sslErrors i dont understand who will be triggered first and how?
2. If sslErrors signal does'nt get generated it cant trigger onSslErrors(in
WEBKIT), how to check if sslErrors signal is getting generated or not?