[Development] [Interest] Digia to acquire Qt from Nokia

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Thu Aug 9 13:51:01 CEST 2012

All:

  This is *GREAT* news!

  Digia have always been hard workers including all of
  their work on Qt (as a Nokia contractor) before most
  of you probably heard of them.

  Their statement that they will "bring back focus on Qt's
  desktop and embedded platform support" is also welcome
  news as is their aggressive stance towards supporting
  Qt on Android, iOS, and Windows 8; I hope there's a
  subtext there that implies Windows Phone 8 as well.

  And thanks, Nokia, for *FINALLY* doing the right thing
  with Qt. It was clear from the moment you abandoned
  Symbian and Maemo/MeeGo to instead embrace Microsoft
  that Qt had to go and I'm glad you divested it before
  strangling it to death.

  (And more personally, I'm glad my rumour of last week
  was confirmed so quickly; once it became worldwide news
  with my name attached, I'd have hated to have been wrong! ;-) )

  Here's to a strong future for Qt, Digia, and all of us!

                                 Atlant