[Development] How about the future of qbs after Nokia sells Qt to Digia?

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Sun Aug 12 04:11:23 CEST 2012

On 11/08/2012 16:07, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> It *looks* like Diego was actually asking about whether Qt intends to switch
> to qbs as its own buildsystem. If that was the question, here's the answer:
>
> 	There has been NO decision

I actually want to make it even more clear, there _HAS_ been a decision
_NOT_ to change the build system for Qt 5.0, to ensure that there's full
focus on getting Qt 5 itself into tip top shape.

Depending on the feedback for Qt 5.0, and the timing, I can also imagine
that this will be put on hold for Qt 5.1, if we need to compress the
release schedule between 5.0 and 5.1.

IMO, the switch of build systems is secondary, the quality and
usefulness of Qt is primary.

..and please, let's not rehash the buildsystem discussions again right
now, we have better things to do to get Qt 5.0 out.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't mind dicussing it again, but now is not the
time.)

--
.marius