[Development] Scenegraph project in Playground?

gunnar.sletta at nokia.com gunnar.sletta at nokia.com
Wed Aug 15 12:49:11 CEST 2012

On Aug 15, 2012, at 11:50 AM, ext Laszlo Papp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just come across a change on gerrit:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,32778
>
> Perhaps, it is just me, but I have not seen the request for this project going through the mailing list. There is only a post in here:
> http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2012/08/01/scene-graph-adaptation-layer/
>
> Could someone please point me to the mailing list discussion about this, or amend the steps that should be done for a new request according to the previous agreement and the "official" procedure?
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Creating-a-new-module-or-tool-for-Qt#6a17de784cf6db9124e9844959ec8ace
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

There wasn't any discussion in the public about this. I thought the blog about its existence would be enough. I should have sent a mail also. Sorry about that.

The repo contains code that was developed in-house in Nokia that we wanted to release to the public and it didn't fit into any specific repository, and a scene graph playground to work on new, independent, ideas is anyway a good thing.

For now I have been reviewing my own changes, as it is work in progress and very few others are involved. This will of course change if somebody else starts involving themselves or if/when some of these features start moving into the essential Qt modules. That is my long term plan for both the render thread animation system, the renderer and the render loop there.

cheers,
Gunnar