[Development] Proposal: Qt 4.9 release

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Aug 15 17:58:59 CEST 2012

> +1 for QJson stuff. It's a format that is commonly used when parsing
> result from an API call.
> There is already a QJson project here: http://qjson.sourceforge.net/
> maybe we could use this code as starting point? License is LGPL.

I do not have a strong opinion about the 4.9 release idea at this point
(essentially because I do not know the available manpower for that), but
please do not use that qjson project. We are, for instance, a client for
the Qt5 json project in a KDE project, and hence a backport would be more
feasible to depend on the same (or similar) library.

I also had the impression previously, the performance would also be better
than for that QJson project.

Laszlo