[Development] Proposal: Qt 4.9 release

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Thu Aug 16 10:42:12 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 22:52:48 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Qt 5.0 offers many great new things as well as good level of compatibility
> with Qt 4.
I agree mostly, but don't forget the functionality / APIs (i.e. the X11 ones)
that have been dropped for no apparent reason. I know that they will sooner or
later probably be part of Qt 5 again, mainly depending on community effort
(and I'm one of the guys planning to do this for 5.1+), but this fact makes a
4.9 release series even more important IMHO.

I will have to stay with 4.8 for some of my projects because of this.

Cheers, René