[Development] SQLite "tuning"

Jordi Pujol pisoengracia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:30:21 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Recently I've had the need to extend sqlite by adding some math
functions. I discovered that, by design and due to security reasons,
SQLite is compiled in Qt with extensions fully deactivated.

It's a little bit annoying to be forced to recompile the plugin driver
if I want to use a very useful feature, so I've made a little patch to
allow activation with a new connection option in SQLite :
"QSQLITE_ENABLE_LOAD_EXTENSIONS".

Do you think this can be useful for the community ? It's worth to spend
any time to integrate this into the repository ? Will it be refused
because its potential "security hole" ?

	Jordi.