[Development] Qt5 Beta: any news?

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Sun Aug 19 12:49:54 CEST 2012

We still need to figure out how to handle the changes file(s). I think we do need one for each module, and then we simply aggregate that into the top-level Qt directory on release generation. Also, since we want to also be able to release modules independently, this would be required.

Question about QtBase though: Should we act as if it consists of several modules and have a separate changes file for each module within? I guess that would place the changes files in <qtbase>/src/<module>?

--
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 8/16/12 7:44 Knoll Lars (Nokia-MP/Oslo) wrote:
Hi,
On Aug 16, 2012, at 10:53 AM, ext a.grandi at gmail.com <a.grandi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was noticing that maybe we should update this wiki page
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5.0
> that still talks about July for the Qt5 beta release.
>
> I know the actual situation is not easy and we are in a transition
> phase, but I just would like to know if there is a new release
> schedule or not.

Yes, some things have been a bit more difficult lately, so it takes longer than I had hoped for. Things are getting closer to a release, but current circumstances make it a lot harder to give an exact day. But I hope it won't be for too long anymore.

> Another question: do we already have documents explaining at least the
> main changes from Qt 4.x and code migrations hints & tricks for
> developer that want to port their code to Qt5?

There's the changes-5.0.0 file, that should list all the incompatibilities to Qt 4.x

Cheers,
Lars