[Development] How to build Qt5's docs?

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Tue Aug 21 08:57:07 CEST 2012

On 08/21/2012 03:29 PM, ext Loaden wrote:
> It's still not work for me.

My comment was refuting the "it's so hard and complicated to build the
monolithic docs" comment, not your problem.

>     /home/loaden/qpSOFT/Projects/Qt5/qt3d/src/threed/doc/qt3d.qdocconf:1: error:
>     Cannot open file
>     '/home/loaden/qpSOFT/Projects/Qt5/qt3d/src/threed/doc/../../../doc/global/qt-html-templates-offline.qdocconf'

The problem is simple. src/threed/doc/qt3d.qdocconf points to a file
that doesn't exist. Commit 2222dbd1 is the culprit. Maybe the intent was
to add a copy of the qt-html-templates-offline.qdocconf file? Maybe that
file just happened to exist on the developer's machine, hiding the problem?

You could copy the file from qtbase/doc/global into qt3d/doc/global to
make things work. Or you could remove the include (which is most
certainly not needed for the monolithic doc build - dunno about modular
builds).

I don't know enough about where doc building is going to say what the
"right" fix is here. Maybe Casper or Alan can comment.

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/