[Development] Request: Mark classes with \module in documentation

casper.vandonderen at nokia.com casper.vandonderen at nokia.com
Thu Aug 23 09:30:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

To be able to properly generate modularized Qt documentation we need QDoc to know in which module a class resides and I need help with this if we want to get modularization (mostly) done before the Qt 5 release.

Previously QDoc would guess to which module a class belonged by finding keywords in the relative path between the qdocconf file and the .cpp file (if there is "corelib" in the relative path the class automatically belongs with QtCore).

I think that in the long run it would be better to explicitly state the module a class belongs to in the qdoc comment. We already require this for QML documentation.

What needs to be done:
- Find the qdoc comment containing \class in your classes.
- Add a new line containing the text "\inmodule [modulename]"
- Do this for each of the classes, that does not have an \inmodule command yet.

example:
/*!
    \class QObject
    \inmodule QtCore