[Development] Build Qt 5 with MinGW 4.7?

Lukas Geyer lgeyer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 26 13:13:32 CEST 2012

Am 26.08.2012 09:31, schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Yes: make has a bug and it's hitting that.

VPATH is also broken [1] in some mingw-w64 builds (eg. rubenvb).

> You can upgrade, downgrade, "sidegrade", rebuild make with different
> optimisation flags. Or even fix the bug.

I have made positive experiences with mingw-builds [1], which usually
work quite well.

But be aware that building Qt using GCC C++11 (-std=c++11) can be quite
tedious (at least it was), especially when it comes to JSC (namespace
problems, non-standard syntax).

You can theoretically create C++11 applications using C++98 Qt
libraries. The problem is that GCC C++11 is not fully binary compatible
with GCC C++98. But I'm quite sure Thiago can clarify on how this
affects Qt binary compatibility.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=983354&aid=3545000&group_id=202880
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/