[Development] Build Qt 5 with MinGW 4.7?

Stephen Chu stephen at ju-ju.com
Sun Aug 26 16:23:17 CEST 2012

On 8/26/12 10:03 AM, Stephen Chu wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out the build differences. I didn't realize there
> are so many different builds of the same MinGW version. Switching to
> mingw-builds get me further. But then I got this error:
>
> cp qmake.exe C:\Qt\5.0\qtbase\bin\qmake.exe
> g++: error: tmp/obj/debug_shared/arch.o: No such file or directory
> mingw32-make: *** [arch.exe] Error 1
> Could not find output file: No such file or directory
> *** qtbase/configure exited with non-zero status.
>
> I went to qtbase\config.text\arch and manually ran mingw32-make to
> create the obj file in question. Then re-run configure and it worked.

OK. I figured out that this error is caused by git in my PATH. I think
sh.exe in git\bin is causing configure some issues. Removing git from
PATH and configure finished without issue.

qt5_tool requires git in PATH so I'll just have to remember changing
PATH back and forth between clean up/update and configure.