[Development] Maintainer changes to review: QMutex optimisations

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Aug 26 18:19:37 CEST 2012

On domingo, 26 de agosto de 2012 15.44.11, lars.knoll at nokia.com wrote:
> Which is why I'm asking whether they shouldn't be separate classes sharing
> as much of the implementation as possible.

So the question I need Olivier to answer is:

What are the conditions you envision for casting a QMutex to QBasicMutex?

That said, I don't see the need to break the inheritance. The inheritance, by
itself, does not constrain the design. The design is currently constrained by
choice and it could be similarly constrained even if we broke the inheritance.