[Development] Build Qt 5 with MinGW 4.7?

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Mon Aug 27 10:28:01 CEST 2012

You can use the <git dir>/cmd in your path instead. That way you have no extra msys tools in your path and the git.bat will add the required paths locally upon execution.

So you get full git functionality without polluting you path.

--
Sent from my Nokia N9

On 8/26/12 16:23 ext Stephen Chu wrote:
On 8/26/12 10:03 AM, Stephen Chu wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out the build differences. I didn't realize there
> are so many different builds of the same MinGW version. Switching to
> mingw-builds get me further. But then I got this error:
>
> cp qmake.exe C:\Qt\5.0\qtbase\bin\qmake.exe
> g++: error: tmp/obj/debug_shared/arch.o: No such file or directory
> mingw32-make: *** [arch.exe] Error 1
> Could not find output file: No such file or directory
> *** qtbase/configure exited with non-zero status.
>
> I went to qtbase\config.text\arch and manually ran mingw32-make to
> create the obj file in question. Then re-run configure and it worked.

OK. I figured out that this error is caused by git in my PATH. I think
sh.exe in git\bin is causing configure some issues. Removing git from
PATH and configure finished without issue.

qt5_tool requires git in PATH so I'll just have to remember changing
PATH back and forth between clean up/update and configure.