[Development] tools/configure with mingw build error

Rohan McGovern rohan.mcgovern at nokia.com
Wed Aug 29 02:02:22 CEST 2012

Peter Kümmel said:

> >> Checked it again: I could build qt/4.8 with jom.
> >>
> >> So I would say the Makefiles in Qt5 are broken (at least for configure).
> >>

> > Also the makefile for qmake doesn't work.
> >
> > In Qt 4.8 for qmake there are two makefiles for g++:
> > Makefile.win32-g++ and Makefile.win32-g++-sh
> >
> > In qtbase/qmake there is only Makefile.win32-g++.
> > The two files were merged:
> >       https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/commit/d9bf972e2b5f6bace5b7be350a70b4207e320692
> >
> > Seems nobody have used mingw/jom since 6 months.
> >

> This could be all checked by CI, but it isn't.
>
> Is there a list which configurations are checked by the CI?

Yes, you can check the list from testresults.qt-project.org, e.g.
http://testresults.qt-project.org/ci/QtBase_master_Integration/latest-success/

MinGW used to be tested by CI, but the compiler frequently crashed
(internal compiler error), so it was removed - there are some links from
this task: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-549

> For instance CMake checks >30 Windows and >60 Linux/Unix configuration on a daily basis (even jom)
> http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake

Impressive for sure, but note it is not really fair to compare that with
Qt's CI, since Qt's needs to pass before code is allowed in (quality gate)
while most of the configurations in the above link apparently don't
(not a quality gate).