[Development] Choosing a new MinGW for Qt 5

kai.koehne at nokia.com kai.koehne at nokia.com
Fri Aug 31 15:00:57 CEST 2012

Alright, since there are people both in favor of mingw-builds and mingw-64 I guess we have to do a proper comparison :) Question to the mingw-64 supporters: Which exact package should we evaluate? http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/ talks about "Version 2.0 [...] been released and is considered stable." But I couldn't find any pre-build toolchain with -2.0 in the file name under http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/  ...

Kai

PS: I started already adding my personal experiences on http://qt-project.org/wiki/MinGW-64-bit .