[Development] Qt 5 RC Testing

Linaae Hanne Hanne.Linaae at digia.com
Mon Dec 3 14:23:10 CET 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Motyka Rafal wrote:
Qt 5 RC release testing continues. We would like to kindly ask the Qt Community for help by testing the new packages.

  1.  Installer packages are available here: http://releases.qt-project.org/digia/5.0.0_rc1/backups/2012-12-03-362/

  2.  We're still working to fix issues. The list of known issues and workarounds: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt500RC1KnownIssues
If you find anything that is not already there, please feel free to update the wiki with your findings.

Just to clarify a bit more:
The packages mentioned by Rafal are the ones we had hoped to be ready for the RC, but due to the issues we have found so far (listed here http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt500RC1KnownIssues) it does not look like we can use these packages for the RC.

We therefore suggest to spend the next hours trying to improve the current status, and generate new packages for the RC this evening. For this to be successful, it is very important that we only push changes that are important for the RC to stable right now.

If we succeed, we can have RC packages ready tomorrow morning CET.

Hanne

  1.  Qt bug reports (in https://bugreports.qt-project.org/) should be reported with
Affects Version/sRequired = '5.0.0 RC 1'.

  2.  If there are issues you think must be fixed before we can have a meaningful the release, please ensure that it is marked as required for QTBUG-27426 - Qt 5.0 Final release tasks.
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426 includes known bugs.

  3.  Documentation issues are covered by https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27512

  4.  There is a form http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing/  to be used to communicate the testing results. Please feel free to use it.

  5.  If there is a need for discussion, let's do that on releasing at qt-project.org<mailto:releasing at qt-project.org> or on irc: #qt-releases on Freenode.

Thank you.

Best regards,

/Rafal

Rafal Motyka
QE Engineer
Digia, Qt

Email: rafal.motyka at digia.com<mailto:forename.surname at digia.com>
Mobile: +47 95005389
http://qt.digia.com
Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/
Qt Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt<http://www.facebook.com/qt>
Qt Twitter: www.twitter.com/qtcommercial<http://www.twitter.com/qtcommercial>

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.