[Development] Branches

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:46:11 CET 2012

On 04/12/12 02:29, Knoll Lars wrote:
> since there has been some confusion about the branches we created, let me try to clarify

... and document on a wiki or something? For the people that won't see
this email but might search for this info?

And for the people that don't look but need the reminder anyway, would
it be worthwhile to also put this into the commit template (via
init-repository)?

eg.

# submit policy:
# dev - targeting 5.1
#        - must retain source and binary compatibility
#        - you can add new methods and classes
#        - no incomplete work (use a private/feature branch for that)
# stable - targeting 5.0
#            - must retain source and binary compatibility
#            - no new methods or classes
#            - you must have a JIRA issue and an auto test

--
Link