[Development] [Releasing] Bumping Qt 4 version to 4.8.5

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Dec 4 18:56:15 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>wrote:

> 04.12.2012, 21:02, "Pau Garcia i Quiles" <pgquiles at elpauer.org>:
> > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>
> wrote:
> >
> >> There's no point in keeping separate branch purely for tags. It is just
> an unnecessary overcomplication.
> > Actually, there is: it allows you to continue working in stabilization
> branches, then discard those changes (i. e. never release them into master
> or the -releases branch)
>
> This is something you are supposed to do in topic branches, forked from
> stabilization branch. Also, you have git revert for extreme cases.

Our workflow is a bit different, we have QA, marketing and other
stakeholders who may decide, after 3 weeks of QA validation, that the
version to release is not the tip of the -stabilization branch but an older
version (we then update -release with some older version from
-stabilization). You could say release-3.1-stabilization and
release-3.1-releases are topic branches; we don't.

>and it helps overcome the lack of git tags support in some continuous
> integration systems.
>
> Sounds weird, like it was continuous integration system without support
> for branches.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CruiseControl.NET.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org