[Development] RFC: What constitutes a "non-destabilising" bug-fix?

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sun Dec 9 15:35:39 CET 2012

On 2012-12-09, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:
> On 2012-12-09, Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:
>> 3.  new features and bug-fixes that require new strings or BiC changes should
>>    be submitted to 'dev' directly.
>
> binary incompatible changes should not be submitted anywhere except for
> Qt6.

I've asked to clarify the above.

There is a special thing from now until 5.0 is out where under certain
circumstances, BiC changes can happen, and should under those certain
circumstances happen in all branches targetting 5.y.z. Until 5.0 is out.
Find those certain circumstances and a howto in a relevant mail from the
chief maintainer.

Once 5.0 is out, my above sentence should apply.

/Sune