[Development] RFC: What constitutes a "non-destabilising" bug-fix?

Shaw Andy Andy.Shaw at digia.com
Mon Dec 10 11:18:12 CET 2012

[snip]

I don't agree that all bug fixes should go into stable, judgement should certainly be made, but we can't just put all bug fixes blindly into stable otherwise it will probably end up as being far from stable.  There are times when it would be better for a bug fix to go into dev instead of stable because it may give a much too obvious behavior change for example.

Andy