[Development] QML-Development Mailing List

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at kdab.com
Mon Dec 10 13:18:13 CET 2012

On Saturday, 2012-12-08, Alan Alpert wrote:

> It seems that it's a different set of people who are interested, and
> this more targeted approach will help keep the dev ML relevant - after
> the discussions today I have 7 topics I want to start threads about,
> but most are for exposing to QML existing C++ APIs and of zero
> interest to C++ devs.

Additional to what others already wrote, I think it is important not to
entrench an artificial separation between people working on C++ APIs and people
wanting to use those APIs in a QML context.

Any of the topics you are planning to discuss would ideally raise the awarness
of people working on C++ APIs to the needs and requirements non-C++ usage of
their APIs have. Which should ideally lead to them considering those needs
when designing new APIs.

And lets also keep in mind that requirements for using APIs in QML are often
very much aligned with requirements of using those APIs in a scripting context
or through language bindings.

Cheers,
Kevin

--