[Development] Controlling QML Imports

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 04:43:08 CET 2012

On 11/12/12 13:23, Alan Alpert wrote:
> Any comments on adding an API like this?
>
> Are there any other usecases which this might need to support?

If we're talking device security and restrictions policy... then please
make this something that can fail "softly" at runtime.

I know most mobile platforms seem intent on following the "app asks for
permissions, user grants all or none" model but I'd like to think we'll
be ready for the "app asks for permissions, user grants some of them"
model if/when it arrives.

Note though that this may be possible already, using
Component.createObject() or Qt.createQmlObject(). As long as one of
those can be used to "recover" from an import that fails due to this API
(and as long as this method is documented) I'll be happy :)

--
Link