[Development] Enumerations in QML

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:50:40 CET 2012

> > People keep asking for enumerations in QML. <snip>,

> > Now I don't know when these issues will be
> > resolved, but there's an important discussion to have before it can
> > even be scheduled: What would proper enum support look like in QML?
> > <snip>,
>

> I'd prefer:
>
> Item {
>         enum Weather { Raining, Sunny, Cloudy }
>
>         property Weather weather: Weather.Sunny;
> }

+1 for enums (whatever the reasonable syntax).

If they are added, IMHO they should be available for identifying
"States/Transitions", since the "string-labels" that are currently used are
logically "enum" values.

And, I'd rather my QML code use the "token-unquoted" for identifying
states-and-transitions, because I'm lazy (less typing) and it looks
"cleaner" (QML was brilliant to not quote the "keys", like does JSON).  ;-))

--charley