[Development] Controlling QML Imports

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 16:52:29 CET 2012

On terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2012 15.44.37, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> Yes, but not native plugins installed by the QML applications. In such a
> situation we need to be able to ensure that applications which say "I will
> access this list of plugins" only do so.
>
> Is this realistic? It is precisely what we've been doing for a number of
> years  in Plasma.
>
> > > I tend to agree with Thiago. How does restricting this help for native
> > > apps? It's anyway the app itself setting the restrictions.
>
> Well, yes, it doesn't help for "native" apps. That's not the point, is it?
> Because some kinds of applications will not benefit from this does not mean
> that those which would should not have a facility to use to accomplish it.

It seemed to me that it was as well.

I'm not doubting the benefit of this for controlling what a plugin in QML does.
I was just questioning the use of this feature to enforce device and platform
security. It's the wrong level.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358