[Development] QML Runtime

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:30:19 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Sorvig Morten <Morten.Sorvig at digia.com> wrote:
> Please bundle the QML runtime in a class that the app author can instantiate.
>
> This gives us the flexibility to handle platform differences and integrate with existing workflows. There can still be a "qmlscene"-like binary that would simply instantiate the class.

Already done. It's called QQmlEngine.

Seriously, the direction this discussion has gone makes me think that
the 'qml runtime' binary will be basically a vanilla QQmlEngine that
can load a component from a file (or from text input or whatever) with
some command line chrome around it. If you want to load the runtime
within your own C++ application it works *exactly* the same as before.

--
Alan Alpert