[Development] Cleaning up the P1 tasks

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 20:38:39 CET 2012

Hello

We want to release RC2 tomorrow and we are quite confident of having zero P0s
left. However, there are some 40 tasks with P1 priority that need attention.
P1 means "Showstopper", so anything P1 for 5.0.0 should stop the release.

In the next 24 hours, I'd like the following:

 - everyone who has a P1 task that is assigned to 5.0.0 or has no Fix-for
triage those P1s
 - every maintainer do the same for their area of maintenance (there are
unassigned tasks that need attention)
[applies only to code that will be released; for example, the Qt3D tasks are
not in scope]

In that process, I'd like you to answer this question:
	can we release 5.0 if this issue is not fixed?

If you answer "yes", then the task is not a P1. Please lower the priority to
P2.

If you answer "no", then please leave a comment in the release task
<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426> about it. Don't add the
link, just leave the comment that the task is needed.