[Development] Application wide shortcuts API for QML

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:38:31 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Rick Stockton
<rickstockton at reno-computerhelp.com> wrote:

> Alan, I can't think of _good_ ways to extend QKeySequence into the thing
> I'd like. As you know, we've had problems (some difficult) with even the
> most simple 2-character keyboard sequences. And Backward Compatibility
> issues, which I do not understand very well, are a problem if I change
> the layout or length of the QKeySequence class, right?

Right. But that's what QKeySequencePrivate is for. You can change the
layout or length of QKeySequencePrivate and preserve backwards
compatibility. So if you need to add more bits, you can (not that it
means you necessarily should, but it might make sense here).

--
Alan Alpert