[Development] Convenience Imports in QML

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Dec 12 19:57:17 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:33:06AM +1000, Lincoln Ramsay wrote:
> On 12/12/12 07:28, André Pönitz wrote:
> > What about something like
> >
> >   import QtQml from Qt 5.0
> >   import QtQuick from Qt 5.0
>
> +1

Thanks ;-)

> All the benefits of "a group of QML modules attached to a single Qt
> release" without the performance problem of pulling them all in.
>
> Then "Qt 5.0" is just some meta-thing (possibly just a qmldir file) that
> lists the modules/versions it contains.

I actually think it's still to specfic. Upgrading from Qt 5.0 to 5.1
would need touching all source files. So

   import QtQml from TheQtIUse
   import QtQuick from TheQtIUse

and some one-liner somewhere that relates "TheQtIUse" with "Qt 5.0",
perhaps even through the build system should be even better.

Ande'