[Development] Enumerations in QML

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 01:45:10 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Chris Adams <chris.adams at qinetic.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,

>>  (4) Lack of "Enums" in QML is (another) example of how QML might be
>> considered a "second-class-citizen" (mentioned by Chris, another example
>> being composite types in QML are not backed by a QQmlType and thus are not
>> available in JavaScript as are types defined in C++)
>

> It is an example of that, but my point was that implementing enums in QML is
> meaningless until we have fixed the problem with unresolvable typenames.
> This entire thread should be revisited after QTBUG-24799 is fixed.

I disagree here, because
A) How much we like enums affects the effective priority of
QTBUG-24799 (it's the main usecase that it blocks)
B) We might find a solution that works around QTBUG-24799 (okay, not
looking very likely)
C) Someone might want to fix this and QTBUG-24799 at the same time.
Since this is currently necessary, it does mean that anyone who wants
to see enums properly supported should help out with the v4vm work
(currently the best way to fix QTBUG-24799).

--
Alan Alpert