[Development] QML Runtime

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Thu Dec 13 16:54:56 CET 2012

On Dec 13, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com> wrote:

> It's there because there are different conventions on different OS where the .qml files should be (relative to the binary). E.g. on Mac its unter .app/Contents/Resources, on QNX it's app/native, on Android it's "assets:/" …

This is a deployment issue we have to solve, so far using resources and qrc have proved most robust in my experience. Could this be set controlled by QDesktopServices::DataLocation? (or a new enum value).

> E) Using the 'right' way to show the top level widget, which also happened to be OS specific: show() vs showFullScreen() vs showMaximized().

We now have the ShowIsFullScreen style hint that platform plugin can set. Then the correct app behaviour is simply to call "show()"

>> QGuiApplication app (argc, argv); QQmlApplicationEngine("main.qml");
>> return app.exec();
>>
>> Would this allow us to get rid of the concept of the QtCreator templates
>> throwing in their own general utility classes?
>
> I'd love to see that! We sort of misused the wizard so far to keep the Qt cross-platform promise for OS specific and deployment issues where the Qt libraries do not offer a solution, but it would be of course even better if we can have this properly as part of Qt.

+1 vote for QQmlApplicationEngine from me.

Morten