[Development] [Qt-creator] gerrit-speak

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Dec 14 15:49:32 CET 2012

On 14.12.2012 13.00, "Sergio Ahumada" <sergio.ahumada at digia.com> wrote:

>On 12/14/2012 11:54 AM, Bache-Wiig Jens wrote:
>>
>> Actually looking at the android version of gerrit  which I presume would
>> be using the upstream version they have omitted the comments entirely,
>> merely using a "Code-Review +1" comment.
>> They also have a helpful "browse projects" link in the header and their
>> CSS looks cleaner. Perhaps we are simply not up to date or we actually
>> applied those comments locally?
>>
>> See https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/q/status:open,n,z
>>
>> Jens
>>

>That's 2.5 version and we based ours in 2.2.1
>
>Some attempts to go for 2.2.2 have been made without much success
>https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-466
>
>They just change the implementation between minor releases.
>Also, it seems like they don't want our features to be up-streamed, see
>https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/repo-discuss/gXjbuhfW0
>tg
>for the topic feature discussion, so it' even harder to be in sync.

I have understood that due to some legal issues Nokia was not interested
in getting the changes upstream, thus it is quite an effort to take new
versions into use.

We plan to have a look into this in January. We will keep you posted and
maybe there is someone who want to help with this. It would also be good
to upstream at least some of our changes and I am currently in process of
enabling this for us. Naturally this does not guarantee that changes are
accepted, but maybe it gets at least a bit easier to stay in sync.

Back to the original topic of what the sentence is, yes, also for me it
was initially a bit oddly stated. Maybe it would be better to have it as
suggested or even pointing to the explanatory text, e.g. "This needs more
work, please see my comments." or just the 'Code review +1' as Jens
pointed above.

Yours,

			Tuukka