[Development] ELF Can run much platform

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Sat Dec 15 09:59:06 CET 2012

> Subject: [Development] ELF Can run much platform
>
> A Qt installing file can run much more linux platform. I'm very interest this.
> Any one can give me some tips? Any help will be appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to create a binary using the Qt libs that can be downloaded and executed on a lot of distributions & versions? Then you've several options:

- compile against LSB SDK 4.1 , which however still supports only Qt 4.2 (pretty outdated). It also requires your users to install the lsb package.
- use the Qt version of your choice (e.g. Qt 4.8), but ship the libraries yourself. To minimize external dependencies from the Qt libraries I'd suggest using the binary builds of Qt provided by the qt-project instead, which have been configured to be portable.

Anyway, it seems your question would have been better asked in qt-interest at qt-project.org, since this list is about the development _of_ Qt, not development _with_ Qt.

Regards

Kai