[Development] Foreign windows, embedding and transiency

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 17 10:35:16 CET 2012

On 12/12/2012 05:24 PM, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> I got a WIP branch up for preliminary review:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,42633
>
> Any hints (especially on how to write automated tests for the feature)
> are very welcome :-)
>
> I tested it with a simple client and a Gtk socket, and it mostly works
> (still some focusing issues...).

Second iteration:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,42990

All the focusing issues seem fixed now. The branch is a WIP because I
didn't add documentation and testing -- I'll probably work on that in a
couple of weeks, after holidays.

Meanwhile, I'd be grateful is someone can have a look at the code, and
especially give some advices on how the feature can be auto-tested; the
problem is that this change implements only the embedding part of the
XEMBED protocol -- the container is not implemented (and it's not high
priority for me).

Ciao,
   Alberto