[Development] requesting an own 4.8-blackberry10 branch on gitorious

Peter Hartmann phartmann at rim.com
Mon Dec 17 14:55:51 CET 2012

Hello,

would it be possible to get an own 4.8-blackberry10 branch on gitorious
in the qt repo (https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt), similar to the
4.8.0-symbian branch that still exists?

The thing is for BlackBerry 10 we are working as close to upstream (i.e.
4.8 branch) as possible, but due to some features we needed that are
hard to get into 4.8 (e.g.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,39135) and turnaround time for
getting patches into Qt 4 (+ getting them into Qt 5 first), it would be
good if we had an own dedicated branch for it.

We could point people to it in case they want to compile Qt themselves
for BlackBerry 10, and make sure everybody working on it (us and KDAB)
is using exactly the same branch.

Alternatively I guess we could just clone the repo into a team clone.

Peter