[Development] QAction-like API for QML

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Tue Dec 18 14:03:53 CET 2012

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 13:24:59 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> That's why it was a mistake to not extract a QGuiAction from QAction imo,
> but it's a mistake we have to live with and deal with as best we can (for
> both C++ and QML APIs).

I would like to mention that one can still consider the possibility to put
QAction back into QtGui even in Qt 5.1.

Moving from one library to another has already been done with QXmlStreamReader
in Qt 4 times.  It is a bit hackish on some platform but had worked well.

The only QWidget dependency are some functions that takes pointer to QWidget*
and QMenu*
But we can put the impementation of those few functions in the QtWidgets and
use hooks like we do for QVariant. (So the function would only print a warning
if QtWidgets was not loaded)

I just want to point out that it is technically possible if we want to, and we
should not discard the idea completely.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com