[Development] requesting an own 4.8-blackberry10 branch on gitorious

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 18:59:00 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Olivier Goffart <olivier at woboq.com>wrote:
>
>> On Monday 17 December 2012 14:55:51 Peter Hartmann wrote:
>>
>> > Alternatively I guess we could just clone the repo into a team clone.
>>
>> What is wrong with that option?
>>

> Different workflow, less visibility from the Qt contributors and so forth.

... or you meant to suggest the increase of the repository numbers on the
current Gerrit instance instead of branch numbers? IMO, it is better to put
the details into branches, especially if it is just about a few (and small)
commits, and see less repositories from the contributor's point of view. As
for me, it would be more unpleasant to clone two separate repositories with
minor or at least negligible differences to the "base" repository size.

Laszlo