[Development] QAction-like API for QML

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Dec 19 11:59:42 CET 2012

Op 19-12-2012 11:52, Rutledge Shawn schreef:
> On 19 Dec 2012, at 9:13 AM, André Somers wrote:
>
>> Op 14-12-2012 8:45, Bache-Wiig Jens schreef:
>>> What I would propose is that we keep the QAction exactly as it is and make it possible to use it from QML as well as introduce a new slightly simplified QML Action component as previously suggested. The only drawback to this approach is that actions you declare in QML won't be immediately usable from C++, but I don't see this as a big issue. You will either keep everything in QML or have your business logic including your QActions defined in in C++.
>> As mentioned by others, this would mean that any C++ core that you write
>> would *have* to pull in QtWidgets in order to be able to use actions.
>> Even if you only have a QML gui. Not very attractive, if you ask me.
> No, that idea is meant to be in parallel: if you have legacy code which already creates QActions maybe it's possible expose them to QML; but for new QtQuick code we will have a new action which doesn't depend on widgets.
And that new action is also integratable with QtWidgets somehow? Or is
that an action type that only integrates nicely with QML, but not with
widgets? Please realize that code based on widgets is not by definition
"legacy". The desktop is very much alive. New things are still written
using it.

André

p.s. Please just answer to the list. I'm on it, I'll get your reply.