[Development] Integrating QAction and the upcoming QML Action (was QAction-like API for QML)

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Dec 19 12:46:36 CET 2012

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 08:57:31 André Somers wrote:
> Op 18-12-2012 20:34, Shawn Rutledge schreef:
> > On 18 December 2012 20:05, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My preference is D, obviously. I think it makes a lot of sense to be
> able to use actions in core, non-GUI layers of the application.

Qt is primarily for creating Guis. I sympathise with the desire to use Action
API in a 'core only' API without linking to QtGui or QtWidgets, but it's not
what we should optimise for.

Maybe it's something we can design for in Qt 6, but for now, focusing on
solving problems in UI development should be reflected in our API and design
choices. I'm thinking mostly about keeping QIcon, QKeySequence etc in the API.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer