[Development] Qt 5 RC Testing

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Dec 20 08:15:45 CET 2012

> Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 5 RC Testing
>
> Why the 64bit for MSVC2010 weren't part of RC2.
>
> I remember the Qt-Term promise will make both 32bit and 64bit package for msvc2010 happen in Qt5 final
> release.
>
> Am I wrong or missed something?

We were aiming to have MSVC 2010 64 bit packages, but had crashes with Win64 in QtWebKit for the Beta 2 . These might actually be fixed now (I haven't tried personally), but in the meantime everybody was busy enough to get the other packages out for the RC's. In the end it's a matter of resources, and whether we wanted to delay 5.0 further to get MSVC 2010 64 bit and also MinGW binary packages. We (the Release Team) didn't want to.

Regards

Kai