[Development] MinGW 4.7 (Win7), VS2012 (Win8) and OSX 10.8 CI stages added

Anttila Janne Janne.Anttila at digia.com
Fri Dec 21 11:45:25 CET 2012

Hi,

There is now MinGW 4.7 (Win7 x86) and VS2012 (Win8 x64) stages added for
all CI projects. In addition there is OSX 10.8 stage currently added only for
Qt5_stable_integration CI project. We will add OSX 10.8 for all CI projects later
on when more Mac capacity is available (hopefully in the beginning of January) .

The stages have forcesuccess and qt.tests.insiginicant properties set (Meaning
they do not block CI, even there are build or auto test failures on those CI stages).

Please check the next CI builds results for those stages from test results
server: http://testresults.qt-project.org/ci! For example MinGW build currently
fails in Qt5_stable_integration to qtsvg headersclean auto test [2]. VS2012
has been building successfully, but there has been some auto test failures:

If you find either build or auto test failure, try to fix them so that we can make
stages enforcing as soon as possible. I would like to make these stages enforcing
before 5.0.1 is released.

Exact MinGW version currently installed to Windows 7 machines is 4.7.2
rev1 with posix threading and sjlj exceptions [1]. MinGW CI stage is
executed on same virtual machines with VS2010 stage, so other settings
such as screen resolution, language, theme, etc. are identical.
MinGW stage is currently build with '-opengl desktop' configure option.

Major difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines from
configuration point of view is that Windows 7 have "Windows Classic"
theme enabled (i.e. the old NT style, not Aero). Windows 8 CI machines
have default theme enabled. Another minor tweak for Windows 8 machines
is that they boot to desktop mode, i.e. not to Metro style start menu.
Windows8 CI stage is built with Angle.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-windows/releases/4.7.2/32-bit/threads-posix/sjlj/x32-4.7.2-release-posix-sjlj-rev1.7z
[2] http://testresults.qt-project.org/ci/Qt5_stable_Integration/build_00046/win32-mingw47_developer-build_qtlibinfix_Windows_7/log.txt.gz

--